www.kabaddi.org
To develop and promote the sport of Kabaddi 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Usergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.kabaddi.org

Melbourne 2007 Annual Sikh Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> Australia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emmjay
Veteran user

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject:

The 20th Annual Australian Sikh Games hosted by Singh Sabha Sports Club Inc (Melbourne) were held at Monash University (Clayton Campus) on the 6th-8th of April 2007.

With Singh Sabha Sports Club hosting the event, the Sikh Games were always expected to be grand. Anticipation was high for some high quality tournament and competition. Kabaddi has always been a well attended event with Singh Sabha Sports Club Inc (Melbourne), Punjabi Sports Club (Melbourne), Sydney Sikh and Cultural Society (Sydney), Dashmesh Sports Club (Sydney), Brisbane Kabaddi Team and New Zealand participating in this years competition.

Special exemption was given to Dashmesh Sports Club (Sydney) for the event. Unfortunately, a number of national rules endorsed and enforced by the Australian National Sikh Sports & Cultural Council (The Governing National Body) were altered to suit Parklea’s requirements – to ensure the organizers had complete attendance from all teams in Australia.

The final was contested by Singh Sabha Sports Club and Dashmesh Sports Club. Singh Sabha Sports Club as organizers of the event was forced to withdraw a player that was approved by the national committee due to repeated requests by Dashmesh Sports Club. A player from India was also allowed to play for Dashmesh Sports Club contrary to the national rules – again due to unrealistic requests by Dashmesh Sports Club. The match was contested very closely with Dashmesh Sports Club winning by 2.5 points. Dhami from Dashmesh Sports Club was deemed the “Best Stopper” and Mandeep S. Johal from Singh Sabha Sports Club was awarded the “Best Raider” award (for 4th consecutive occasions).

A special thank you to our major sponsors Thakral Group, Interfair, Towlex, Slades Soft Drinks Pty Ltd. and The Education Group and our organizers/supporters for hosting the games to such a high standard.

For more news related to Singh Sabha Sports Club Inc. and the Australian Sikh Games, please visit the club website on http://www.singhsabhasportsclub.com/2007Games
oz_munde
Veteran user

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject:

we jus talking about how and who played good in the match;s. Don't need to bring the politics part on to the board as you singh sabha people always do. i know it;s hard to swallow a loss in your home ground but hey jus take it. B a man emmjay
emmjay
Veteran user

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject:

im sorry to hear you feel i was being political - something i could have accused you of being in your "discussion". I thought it noteworthy to point out the polictical stance(s). Anyway, ive done that - the video of the tournament will eb going up soon - for those interested.
oz_munde
Veteran user

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject:

dude don;t need to point out. i think everyone know about it.
Amo
World Class user

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject:

easy guys
i actually thought the politics stuff was a good touch. These kinds of things need to be discussed as well as other parts of the game instead of just ignoring the dirty bits and letting those sorts of things happen over and over again

everyone knows kabaddi is full of politics
gbadwal
Rookie user

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject:

Hi OZ Munde,
I have used your material on our web site. That was very well explained. I hope you didn’t mind.
Check it on www.dashmeshsportsclub.com.au

Once again thanks!!!
oz_munde
Veteran user

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject:

no problems brother.....

i was hoping singh sabha will use the info on their site. o well lol
gbadwal
Rookie user

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject:

I doubt it ....well any way, who are you if you don’t mind letting me know on [email protected]
Amo
World Class user

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject:

looks like they have pics up at http://www.singhsabhasportsclub.com
any video updates?
Channi58
World Class user

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject:

With all the interest there seems to be in kabaddi down under, any way to get Australia team (N/Z and Aus) into the World Cup in Toronto this year?
big brother
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Channi58 wrote:
With all the interest there seems to be in kabaddi down under, any way to get Australia team (N/Z and Aus) into the World Cup in Toronto this year?

Well there is a discussion under way and NZ has got two big sponsers lined up to pay for the tickets but yeah there will be discussions underway with Aussie lads to make a joint team for the upcoming games.

All in all well done to the teams who participated and showed true sportsmanship. Well done to the organsing team, from what I hear from our returned NZ folks it was a great tournament something we need to organise in NZ soon Smile
tazza
Veteran user

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject:

so how r things coming along re the NZ team heading over for the world cup in kanada
       www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> Australia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: