www.kabaddi.org
To develop and promote the sport of Kabaddi 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Usergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.kabaddi.org

Local Women's Kabaddi Team..A Must this summer!

www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> Girls/Womens Kabaddi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhanota14
Rookie user

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Local Women's Kabaddi Team..A Must this summer!

We deliberately failed last year in creating a local Women's Kabaddi Team....But this resolution must be solved this summer. I know for a fact that there are a few gals out there that are ready to play....Yet they are quite timid and thus remain halted. What these women need is motivation and with that comes strength to be determined to play. Perhaps from fellow players...That’s right...I’m talking about YOU Guys. In my opinion, I think if a few of you were recruiting candidates for a Women's Team it might make a difference…for one, you’ve played the game…you’ve been through the rush you’ve felt the adrenaline….So exasperate your experience and pass it on. I've tried my hardest along side with the help of many others (Thanks Amo) but I think I’m going to need you guys to step it up and help me out here. Unfortunately, a lot of these Women are surrounded by an aura that consciously reminds them that there's no way they can play Kabaddi...one being that they are women. Sure we have teams over seas but IM talking about local teams....How many Local Women's Kabaddi Teams have you seen in California play at tournaments??? Even if I'm mistakened and you are counting on your fingers then add one more that is soon to be created! Think about it...If we do this now and hit the ground running we will be determined to carry these local teams on generations from now....Word of mouth is the best way to do this...so if you have a few minutes in your busy lives please communicate with the community....and hopefully this summer we will have a local team.
Amo
World Class user

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject:

if girls can play kabaddi in India (and everyone knows how backwards people can be in India lol) why can't they have a team here

it would be awesome to see a girls team formed THIS year however it takes a lot of practice to put on a good show otherwise the crowd will be dissapointed and the hopes of women's kabaddi teams in the US might be shattered

start contacting as many girls as you can who may be interested
i'm sure there are guys who will be willing to coach you
then talk with some organizers to schedule matches for next year
sure a women's match would be a great addition to some of the punjabi mela's they have. if there's only one local girls team they can sponsor the peel regional police team from canada to play against you

just read your comment on the current tv website
http://www.current.tv/pods/sport/PD06595

you should post again and say your looking for more girls/women to make a kabaddi team. Doesn't matter what race etc. they belong to.
       www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> Girls/Womens Kabaddi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: