www.kabaddi.org
To develop and promote the sport of Kabaddi 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Usergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.kabaddi.org

Your predictions on the 2007 WKC!!

www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> Poll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you think will win the 2007 World Kabaddi Cup?
Canada East
 0%  [ 0 ]
Canada West
 22%  [ 2 ]
England
 22%  [ 2 ]
India
 0%  [ 0 ]
Punjab Kesri
 22%  [ 2 ]
USA
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

sukha_singh
World Class user

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Your predictions on the 2007 WKC!!

With less than a week left untill the 2007 World Kabaddi Cup being held in Hamilton, and with team rosters are ready being thrown around (refer to Canada Cup / World Cup 2007 thread for rosters) who do you think will take home the hardware at Copps Colliseum this year?
Channi58
World Class user

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject:

Punjab Kesri sounds tough to top, but Canada West sound good too! England are always tough but they don't have Jiti who was always good for at least 3-4 stops at the minimum per match. Will Rabo play for England and will he be able to play on mats, which I have never thought of being a big transition from grass to mats, but then again miti to grass some say is big difference and that miti kabaddi makes you tougher. That brings us to USA who have Mr World Cup Meeks best stopper last year, plus the lion of veteran players a pitbull Mr. Tirath Gakhal, and will mini Tirath aka Aarshi be playing for USA as well, and how about Dante? Now Canada East, sounds like Sandeep is rested since many tournaments this year he hasn't raided much but at World Cup times he is at his best, he didn't get stopped in 2006 cup but his team lost and were knocked out early vs. Canada West. Kinda has been hurt and Vailey seems like age has gotten to him finally but he should be good for a few matches that you need to reach the finals. Then there's Upkar a solid raider that could give some rest to the big raiders if they play a easy team sometimes on paper a team seems tough but then they are out of sych so they end up losing easily if that's the case Upkar could carry Canada East through that type of match. Stoppers Soni not at his technical best this season, hasn't recovered from his slipped disc looks like from 2006. Jitender now a sardar makes crucial stops has one of the most fast first steps off the chain to catch raiders in the game, otherwise he is pretty slow now at maybe 34-35 years old.
India haven't won since 2001, so will they lift it this time? I wish to say yes but you never know they just may.
Admin
World Class user

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject:

first of all you didn't have the USA team on the poll (happily corrected that)
you know what they say "haters gonna hate, players gonna play" just kidding
teams at the top always become hated or don't get the credit they deserve
i'm just pulling your leg. probably just a mental mistake on your part

anyway from the other discussion it sounds like the USA has signed some deals. I'm sure they want to repeat last years performance but all the teams should be really good. As far as Sandeep and him not getting stopped. That's great, he put on a great show for everybody but yeah his team had a bye or whatever and then they lost to Canada East and got knocked out. Had he made some double raids his team might have advanced and possibly even won the cup.

To early to make predictions. Nobody knows the offiicial rosters for sure yet, except for maybe the Canada East team but they might have some suprises of there own.

If we look at the kabaddi world cup trends there has been a lot of back to back wins.
1991-1993 USA
1994-1995 INDIA
1997-1999 CANADA
2002-2003 England
2004-2005 Canada East
2006-???

*1996 Canada Cup
*2000 England
*2001 India

Channi58
World Class user

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject:

Makes us think more LOL, this must be Amo, playing pattern matching.
Admin
World Class user

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject:

0 votes for Canada East. Channi must have voted for Punjab Kesri or his favorite country ENGLAND
Channi58
World Class user

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Admin, yes like I said Punjab Kesri looks tough to top, usually they do but they don't mesh well. Hopefully this year they do. That would be cool giving the Canada and mighty Americans a run for their money.
shanenshah
All Star user

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Tell us the rosters so we can make a bette prediction.
sukha_singh
World Class user

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject:

most of the team rosters like i said are already posted in the thread: Canada Cup / World Cup 2007

btw, Admin, are u sure i left out USA?? i thought it was up there and i unn why i forgot if i did .. thnx for correcting, no im not a hater on the USA or anyone, even my vote went to Punjab Kesri Wink
Amo
World Class user

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject:

USA was left out. last year everyone counted us out to and we shocked everyone even ourselves lol jk and then we did it again the following week in Vancouver
don't worry about it sukha, simple mistake won't count it against you
you've been doing some awesome updates lately
now that all the teams are up why haven't more people voted
your votes remain anonymous
Amo
World Class user

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject:

yes. USA leading all vote getters with 3 votes. Let's see if they can live up to the "hype"
USA

USA

USA
       www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> Poll All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: