www.kabaddi.org
To develop and promote the sport of Kabaddi 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Usergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.kabaddi.org

International kabaddi tournaments starting from 15th & 1

www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big brother
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: International kabaddi tournaments starting from 15th & 1

lot of desi players have arrived from India for the 3rd inaugration of Kalgidhar temple at Takanini.

Who are the eight teams by the way ?
Admin
World Class user

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject:

March 14th and 15th?
Takhar
Veteran user

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject:

From what im aware of the teams are as below:

Hamilton x 2 (NO... they havent seperated but it was the only way to make sure everyone (local players) got a decent amount of game time)
Te Puke
Tauranga
Pukekohe
Manakau
Doaba Sports Club
White Rose Sports Club

Each team is allowed to have 3 players from India to play for them, any combination of Stoppers or Raiders they chose. Originally it was decided that teams were only allowed to select players from Punjab who play grass roots level, and not international or big nammed players.

Recently however there has been some discussion going on about Doaba Sports club inviting players such as Mangi (bagha pind) Happy Chamareywala/Gazzipuria and another guy who i cant remeber. Not sure whats gonna happen with that, but i do know alot of other teams and officials are not happy.

There was a meeting yesterday, not sure what the outcome was though, i was busy training with the boys from Punjab, and well quiet honestly im not too sure how i made it in to work this morning.

The first tournaments are starting this Weekend, and going to continue for about a month and a half non stop, think the following weekend is in Papamoa (te puke arranging it) and then so on and so forth, i guess we will find out each weekend where the follwoing tournament is. This kinda s@#ks though cause it shows the lack of organisation (not bad effort though, will definitly be a huge leap for NZ kabaddi)

On another note i think the Sukhshinder Shinda concert is on the 30th, which is a sunday, i think the organiser thought it was a long weekend. Obviously it will be in Aucklaand, and if the Kabaddi is somewhere else, people are going to struggle to catch the show.

If any one else has any insight in to this season it would be good to see you post it on here.

On another side note: Big Brother are you back in the country yet? and will you be covering the tournaments, i.e photos and brief summaries of each tournament? And it would also be good to see if we can get video footage of each tournament. So if any one has a video camera and is willing to, i would encourage them to bring it a long and record the action.

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST KABADDI SEASON NEW ZEALAND HAS EVER WITNESSED HANDS DOWN.
Admin
World Class user

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject:

Is it the 14th and 15th or 15th and 16th?
Quote:
There was a meeting yesterday, not sure what the outcome was though, i was busy training with the boys from Punjab, and well quiet honestly im not too sure how i made it in to work this morning.
LOL
Takhar
Veteran user

Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject:

ok the meeting came up with no resoltion for the kabaddi superstars etc... so all teams will be participating. Not sure what the draws are like but the pools are as below:

Pool A:
Hamilton (1, A, Red) (what ever you wanna call it
Tauranga
Te Puke
Pukekohe

Pool B:
Hamilton (2, B, Blue) Whatever
Doaba
White Rose
Manakau

and the only games i am aware of are

Pool A:
Hamilton vs Tauranga

Pool B:
Hamilton vs White Rose

Maybe someone else could fill in the rest of the matches.

There is meant to be 5 games on Saturday and 5 Games on sunday. All starting from about midday, not sure how they will manage that considering there is only one ground and many soccer games to be had on both days as well.
Takhar
Veteran user

Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject:

Ok so now that i have finally recovered (somewhat) fromthe games and sunburn....

CONGRATS to Kalgidhar Kabaddi Team (formely known as Pukekohe) for taking out the Cup at Takanini. Some out standing performances by Lambhar and Gagan on Raids, and well the stoppers were awesome, even the locals like Kahlon and Raja. Shot boys.
Some other guys that really stood out to me were:
Pala for White Rose, Happy Chamareyvala and Sohn Rurkee. a couple of other guys whos names i didnt catch. OH and Shorlee, single handedly made alot of stops for te puke.

Keepa was doing some awesome raids but unfortunatly has torn a hamstring so will out out for some time, which is a complete shame cause he is an ultimate raider.

On another note...... It gets hard playing in such extreme heat but i guess the guys from india are used to it.... and ahhhh well the ground, hai oi rabba mereya, still stings when i have a shower.... very dry and hard (the ground that is) and on top of that they put sand all over it (whats up with that) i noticed that some of the inidan guys had difficulty stabilising there feet on it. Hopefully the other grounds are a bit better.

There was also a number of injuries, as mentioned Keepa pulled his hamstring, i noticed that Dhamroo sat down in the final, and Sohn Rorkee soon followed.... umm i think Shorlee (chemaarey vala) was injured as well and many other guys,

Alot of locals boys were walking around with grazed knees with blood dripping and all Smile

Umm (hopefully i dont get in trouble) some issues in the Hamilton camp just quietly, some saying Hamilton should have one good team, others saying, having two teams is the only way everyone gets an even turn. will see what the go is for the coming weekend.

ANy bets on who will take the next one out????
Hardz
Veteran user

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject:

Boys is it possible to get some videos of the action. Gagan is my cousin and my dad recommended that the guys call him over because he is on the up. Takhar, how'd you go bro? Thappar thuppar maare?
       www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: