www.kabaddi.org
To develop and promote the sport of Kabaddi 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Usergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.kabaddi.org

Perth Games 2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> Australia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
World Class user

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject:

Goodluck to the Melbourne Kabaddi Academy

Getting back to the topic. I've heard a lot of players/teams won't be attending the games because they're so far away. I thought that was a bit sad, being that it's only once a year, teams should make the effort to participate. But then I looked at the map and don't blame them. It's over 3000 km from Syndey to Perth. Is there a large Sikh/Punjabi Population in Perth? Don't the tournament organizers arrange for travel and accommodations?
Hardz
Veteran user

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject:

4 Kabaddi teams have confirmed attendance. 2 Melbourne and 2 Sydney. No Brisbane, no NZ. As for accomodation and travel, the answer is no.
big brother
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject:

NZ is hosting its own world cup around the same time, so there won't be any teams from here.
oz_munde
Veteran user

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:43 am    Post subject:

I heard MKA lost again????
Any feed back from the gameS?
Hardz
Veteran user

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject:

MKA lost again?

This was their first game as a new club. Its true it has players from SSSC but it was a totally different and younger team. Making it to the finals was great for a first go. I hear that Parkleigh played a player who is now going to be playing for Brisbane????? A fresh raider from India....AGAIN!!

But thats not the point, it was a great match from a spectators point of view, and although MKA and all the spectators (along with Dashmesh) thought that MKA had won the match, they SEEM to have lost again (previously SSSC without Manjit Johal, Sarinder Johal, Sunny Jattu and Co) by that margin that keeps on eluding them 0.5 points.

Without any bias i think the stoppers stepped up this tournament with two outstanding performances by Mana (MKA) and TJ (Dashmesh). Most know of TJ, he is improving at a rapid rate and is great for Kabaddi in Australia and Mana is on the up and coming. Raiders were lack lustre throughout the tournament, with the exception of the obvious Mandeep Johal and Harpreet (freshie from Dashmesh who will play for Brisbane - also winning best raider) and new guy for Punjab Sports Club is also worth a mention (ex Bijli board player). Biggest improver was Parampal Singh from MKA, massive unit new to kabaddi but proved troublesome for those who tried to stop him.
mc_manr
Veteran user

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject:

Why is there always a reason for why Parklea shouldn't have won? They have been the best team for over three years and almost every year people have complained.
oz_munde
Veteran user

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject:

Bro i think its just hard for other clubs to take it year after year.

Win is a win doesnt matter if it was by 0.5 points or 20 points.
mc_manr
Veteran user

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject:

hahaha
exactly
emmjay
Veteran user

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject:

"Why is there always a reason for why Parklea shouldn't have won?" - becuase every year its a new "reason". Last year it was the fib management of Parklea told the organizing committee of the games just to get the "Pinder" guy to play (who got them over the line) - whatever it takes i guess. Apparently he was here to stay - when in actual fact he was here just for the games. In actual fact, without that raider from india parklea would have struggled - at these games and the last.

Smile

Ill post stats up here - just to prove how influential the indian guy was in the scheme of things.

Any Thoughts?
Hardz
Veteran user

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Read my comments carefully. I agree a win is a win. But the 0.5 was mentioned because there is quite a difference between a 20 point loss and a 0.5 loss. It shows how close the match was and that there really wasnt much of a difference between the two teams on the day and that 0.5 was basically the deal breaker, or it did what its purpose serves to make a final decision. Airy fairy decisions some which should have been common and others where double touches were given and shouldnt have been all resulted in the overall score.

Having said that, no one is saying Dashmesh is crap, or that they didnt deserve to win, issues are raised as constant breaches have resulted in wins (last time i checked this was an OPEN FORUM....where INTELLIGENT discussions may be held) i.e. hiring a raider in 2007 Games and in 2008 playing someone who will be playing for Brisbane next tournament. He is a great raider though silky smooth moves, i for one was very impressed. Who will stand up for Dashmesh in 2 months time in Griffith other than TJ?

I think for those obviously Dashmesh fans its great to be patriotic about your team, especially when the performances have been stronjg for the past few years, but its also good to be impartial when criticisms are raised. Looking at it from the other end of the barrell (or if you were in the same position and MKA started hiring players for specific tournaments) im sure Dashmesh would also have alot to say. Ie a 70KG Gora by the name of Kostya sent shivers down your spine last yr without you even knowing or seeing what he can do. Even knowing that you have hired a player who shouldnt even be playing. His only comment was, I CANT BELIEVE THEY ARE SCARED OF ME....THEY CALL THEMSELVES A WARRIOR RACE??? I was embarrassed...

Finally ill reitterate, guys this is a topic DISCUSSION forum, comments and feedback are more than welcome, hey MKA might have done something wrong which they are unaware of, perhaps raise those issues, but smart ass remarks really wont help.
Hardz
Veteran user

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Im up for stats. Like i said previously, no one would discredit any team or raise any eyebrows about the team if they would stick within the bounds of the rules of engagement. When one team breaches those rule, and then claims higher status its insulting and degrading to those who do keep within those bounds. If you want to, then open all barriers and lets start hiring players. Lets go down the track of all other countries where it happens, and note create a crop of local talents.
oz_munde
Veteran user

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject:

boys boys boys, don't need to take it to ur heart. Its only a game.
i personnaly could not make it to perth so i can't talk much but about last years issue, the guy pinder was not "HIRED". he played for dashmesh because he's from TJ and Nitta's pind. He did not only come for the tournament, he lives here. He;s coming back next month so hopefully you guys will zip up. Also i heard MKA hired this kumar guy this year aswell to play for them. Also heard if he wasnt there, they would not have made it anywhere.

is that true?
Hardz
Veteran user

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject:

Raj Kumar, is here on a student visa. He has been in Australia for about 7 months, training with MKA for about 3 months now. So no he isnt HIRED, he is here with his Mrs and here to stay. As for Pinder, he hasnt featured in a single tournament since, was back to Indian within days of playing the Melbourne tournament. No matter how much you say he wasnt HIRED. Last time he was here on a tourist visa, and if he plans on returning, then ensure he comes with the right visa. Its simple!
emmjay
Veteran user

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject:

anyway, all in all, i think we understand the facts.

Im pleased with everybodies performance - especially ours at MKA.

well done dudes! cya all in Griffith
Admin
World Class user

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject:

how did the under 19's and under 17's go?
sounds like a very exciting kabaddi open final
       www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> Australia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: