www.kabaddi.org
To develop and promote the sport of Kabaddi

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   Usergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
www.kabaddi.org

who do you guys think will win oct 10 (U21)?

www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> Poll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who do you guys think will win oct 10 (U21)?
bay area
 20%  [ 1 ]
yuba city
 40%  [ 2 ]
santa clara
 40%  [ 2 ]
other
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Joti
Veteran

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: who do you guys think will win oct 10 (U21)?

Yuba City's been getting a lot better, Bay Area's still good, and Santa Clara been getting worse by the day. Most people thought Yuba City would win at fairfield, but Bay Area (U21) took it, who do you guys think will win Oct 10th??

A champion is someone who gets up, even when they can't
Amo
Hall of Famer

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject:

last tournament i predicted Yuba Vs. Santa Clara in the final
they played each other in the first match so that was impossible
i think yuba city will make the final again
and if SC plays United first i think santa clara will come away with the win
i know that santa clara's has not been getting much stops with the exception of pavy, but i think they will do well against sabhi and jahaj
now if yc plays united in the first round match i think they will pull of an upset
however if they play them in the final match i don't know if they'll have enough juice to beat united
although this time i'm sure they'll get a bigger break than they did before the final match in fairfield
goodluck to all the teams

JOTI you made the poll but you didn't vote
Joti
Veteran

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject:

nice amo, you put some serious thought into this...

i've been watchin/playin u21 kabaddi since 99 when it started in CA, back in 99 there were only 2 teams: santa clara (tracy) and sacramento... there used to be like one tournament per year, then in 2001 bay area came in... sacramento used to dominate the tournaments with goldy and mandeep on raid... things changed in 2002 when santa clara started to dominate, i started playin back then as a stopper... last year i continued playing and santa clara won every tournament except for a tournament in union city, due to kabaddi politics, since the los banos team entered some of the players from santa clara (tracy) didn't participate and bay area won that tournament... i played in 1 tourny in 02 and all the tournies last year (6 first place trophies, and 1 second place trophies)... last year, i stopped every raider U21 i went up against (including muni, junni, jahaj, sabhi...)

this year santa clara's practice shrunk from 19 to 3-4 people... i left to ucla... pavy's brother sukh quit... couple others just got too busy...

like the YC peeps, i gotta defend my team... but at every tournament, i shake hands with just about every player from all the U21 teams: yuba city, bakersfield, los banos, and i know most of the players by name from bay area, sacramento (even though they don't play any more) and yuba city... so basically, i respect all (most) of the players

i'm fairly positive that bay area won't take this tournament, it'll be either yuba city or santa clara (i'm pretty sure, if i got in, it'd be santa clara, jk)... the reason i say that is i've heard that two of stoppers from bay area probably won't play (i won't say their names, but most people know them by name, especially one of them)

my vote: santa clara

NoRCaL pUNJaBi
Veteran

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: who will win?

i dunno, this is a toss up. its anyones game. id have to say its gonna go to the top 3 teams first of all. bay area, yc, or santa clara. Theres no question on that. Bay area has supposedly lost 2 stoppers for this tourney, so thats a loss cause that stopping unit is pretty solid. YC, i dunno. I wont be there cause i have a akand path for my uncle whos getting married soon. I dont think kuli is gonna play either. The Santa Clara team hasnt been practicing much-thats evident. I know they are a better team then what theyve showed everyone in the past few matches. Theyve lost a lot of key players but they still show resilience. So my vote lies inbetween the 3 of those teams. If i was playing the tourney id say hands down yc just cause id be playing n i cant say otherwise. my bet lies on sc or yc. i wanna say bay area but i know a few things are wrong in that direction for this tourney. so its down to those too. after i get my 411 on both of those teams ill have an answer before the tourney.
-sukh
Amo
Hall of Famer

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject:

lol sukh i'm glad your not making this poll a popularity contest because if it was then yc would get the majority of the votes
no one is going to say "haha you were wrong" if you don't get the winning team right
the poll is actually confidential (i think) viewers won't know who you voted for unless you specifly say it in a reply
so enough with that "i have to wait and see" crap, you said that last time as well lol
i just briefly skimmed through the yuba city tournament video
and Santa Clara was clearly the dominant team
I only watched SC vs United, but i remember the YC raiders playing well that day i'm not sure what the final score was but i bet it was a close one
kabaddifan229
Rookie

Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject:

hey norcal u think your way to good i seen some of your videos and your not all that great u talk like your tirth gackal that you can stop anyone and that yuba citys nothing with out you even when u didint play, yuba city did good i think u should stop talking like your tiirth because your really not tell you the truth i think yuba city did better without u. thats good u get 2 or 3 stops but your really not all that great ive seen your videos your pretty slow.so word of edvice dont think your the shit when your not how old are u? and how long have u been playing?
gdhaliwal
Rookie

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject:

Hey Joti just wondering man, How many times did you fellas beat Bay Area Last year?
Amo
Hall of Famer

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: kabaddifan229

hey kabaddifan don't be such a critic
i think you got the wrong impression after reading norcals post
in no way did he say that yc was nothing without him, all he said was that he'd hold of on voting for now untill he got more info
he just said that if he was playing he would have to vote for Yuba City JUST BECAUSE (it would look foolish to say otherwise right even if it was an honest opinion)
he also mentioned that one of their raiders might not be playing
but he never said that he would make the difference between winning or losing or anything like that or whatever your trying to say he sounds like
so chill out yeah
and about the team playing better without him i wouldn't know a lot depends on chemistry
all i know is that he was the only one to stop Charanjit from Santa Clara
the other stoppers had success against Sunny and Tikka and were able to get a good hold of Charanjit but didn't manage to hang on long enough
Joti
Veteran

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject:

Amo, just wondering, did you ever play kabaddi?? and how do you know all the players by name, i mean, i'm surprised you knew charanjit and how many times he got stopped (which was 1... damn impressive for a new raider)??

kabaddifan, i think Amo's right with what he says, playing with certain people makes a big difference

gdhaliwal, i can't remember exactly how many times we beat Bay Area, i think we beat them four times straight, and they beat us once when we had half our team in a tournament in union city (where we took second)... and then we beat them again three weeks later at a tournament in stockton... i also played in a Lucher brothers tournament (and I got paid just to play!!!! Wink , but not that much and my team hated me for playing for them, i'm sure most people know there's politics in kabaddi)... bay area just started dominating this year after the manteca tournament that happened during spring break (santa clara won there to)... i'm not trying to say that santa clara's the sh*t, but we played pretty good last year...

for anyone who's hasn't voted, here's some info: 2 of bay areas top stoppers probably won't play, one of yc top raiders won't play (mundi), and santa clara.... well, lets just say they played better last year... we need more people to vote!!!!

kabaddifan229
Rookie

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject:

[oh im sorry amo i for got your his dad norcal cant talk for himself i have herd he has been playing for years thats good he finally got a stop i am very impressed but let him speek for himself i dont think your his dad u have to play kabaddi to know amo but u wouldent know u havent played before so u dont have no room to talk in this .
sherjatt
Rookie

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject:

hey whoever you are....i've heard amo was pretty good when he played...so don't talk shit unless u kno amo's stats..
just my 2 cents don't get mad
kabaddifan229
Rookie

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject:

sherajatt who are u were u from??
Amo
Hall of Famer

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject:

sherjatt thanks for sticking up for me but you heard wrong bro
lol i did play U21 way back when but i was never really any good at it
Kabaddifan what made you think i never played? i don't play U21 anymore but i still play for fun with friends
if anything i'd guess that you don't play the game since your name implies your a FAN not a player
am i wrong?
and don't get all defensive, i'm only trying to keep the peace
if someone started attacking your replies with nonsense then i'd support you as well

joti i try to make it to every local tournmanet that there is so i know the names of the players if they are announced on the mic
i knew charanjit because i spoke to him briefly in hayward
your right he tore it up in fairfield but that wasn't his first tournament, he played a lot in hayward and i'm not sure about any tournaments before that
kabaddifan it's okay to talk some smack and do a little dissing here and there but don't turn this into a trash talking forum full of garbage
try to stick to the subject as well incase you didn't notice the subject of this post is WHO'S GONNA WIN OCTOBER 10TH IN SELMA
NoRCaL pUNJaBi
Veteran

Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: kabaddifanatic

lol...i dunno who you are, but you got it all wrong buddy. unless you can prove to me where i said I said I was the shit...then ill concede, but i never said I was THE SHIT so i dunno what ur smoking. n I dont believe I am the shit cause god only knows how many better stoppers their out there. So i dunno where u come off with the talking. N lol, amo isnt my dad n theres no reason to bring him in this, you dont jack squat about teh guy, n if u did then ud realize he hella puts up with this site n makes it whats its all about. like on the top of all the pages, its about the developing n promoting the sport of kabaddi. so just ease up cowboy, aint no one talking shit up in here, its just nice n friendly. and surprisingly u made the remark he doesnt know what hes talking about cause he hasnt played before, note he has played, n something u failed to mention was how many times have u actually played kabaddi? Yeah ive played a couple of years, lucks been bad cause i always get screwed with hurting one body part or another, but lifes tough, u just gotta roll with it- but anyways, im just posting just to say ease up-we dont need no tension on this board-

ADMIN NOTE: Sukh watch your LANGUAGE you've been warned about the RULES
consider this YOUR SECOND WARNING!
i'm not sure how many warnings you'll get before some action is taken
LOL but don't worry it's just a friendly request we're not the taliban

Amo
Hall of Famer

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:16 am    Post subject:

nicely said Sukh
sorry about the warning but we gotta try to be fair right lol
kabaddifan, like i said earlier it's okay to talk a little smack just don't post nonsense
if your gonna talk smack atleast try to support it with some facts or something
and for the record because there seems to be some confussion
a lot of people have personally told me nice things to say about the site mistaking me for the owner
yeah i own the discussion forum because i have over 100 posts and nobody else comes close Smile but i'm not the website owner just part of the kabaddi.org team
       www.kabaddi.org Forum Index -> Poll All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: